The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO is committed to protect your personal information. CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO takes seriously our obligations with regards to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller Contact Details
CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO is the Data Controller for any information you supply to us.
CoolBI.nl / BIG INFO
6525 EC Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Who we are and what we do
We are an Consulting and Advising Company and provide our Services, Solutions & resources to our clients for projects and help address their staffing needs. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
- Interns, placement students, graduates and volunteers.
We collect information to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Purpose of collecting your data and what we use it for
CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO may receive or collect your personal data for the purposes of providing our services. This data will include but not limited to your name and contact details, home and email address, DOB, details included in your CV. Candidates working through CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO will be required to provide more detailed personal information and data in line with specific onboarding requirements.
Information you give to us or we collect about you.
This is the information you give us by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the Netherlands, curriculum vitae and photograph, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
Your data will be held and utilised for the following purposes;
- To provide our services to you
- To assess your skills and experience in order to review vacancies which we feel may be suitable or of potential interest to you.
- To contact you via email or phone about vacancies we believe may be suitable for you.
- To enable you to submit your CV for specific roles or for general applications
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role having received your consent to do so.
- To support you in the provision of your services to our Clients
- To carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us.
- Internal record keeping
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our Clients.
- Third parties: Your data is not passed on to any third parties for the purposes of marketing. CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO do however utilise third parties to provide our email and web hosting and also to provide our timesheet , and sms notification service. If you are engaged to provide your services via CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO there may be a requirement to share your data with relevant third party bodies who supply services such as clearance checks, criminal record checks, reference checks, qualification checks and if this is required you will be informed to obtain your further agreement. Any third parties used comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if required by law to do so.
- Automated individual decision-making : Your CV Contents and your Application details will be analysed and your application will be ranked against the role and skills requirement. If you confirm that you have none of the required skills this will affect our ability to process your application.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about.
- The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary or permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
- Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
- We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
- We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
- We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client (if you are a candidate).
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interest in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
- As a consulting company we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
- In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
- To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Where your information is held
We are Netherlands based company and all data is stored and retained in our secure system.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data as long as there is a statutory or legal requirement to do so or in order that we are able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data for a set period of time after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place security measures and managerial procedures to safeguard and hold secure the information we hold.
Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision making process.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
We will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Subcontractors including, payment and other financial service providers
- Credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other subcontractors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CoolBI.nl and BIG INFO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The lawful basis for the third party processing will include:
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- Satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- For the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- To fulfil their legal obligations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for other purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and we will collect express consent from you if legally required prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to accept or prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the Netherlands is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens:
autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/ nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit- persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
Access to information
The GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.